Tuesday 6th December 2022
Full Day EVENT | 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
An opportunity for new VCAT members to come together and learn about the role, including key skills for managing hearings.
Developed specifically for VCAT members, this event includes both theory and practical skills for:
- learning about the ethical dimensions of the role
- understanding what you need to be ‘hearing ready’
- how to exercise authority in the hearing room
- skills and techniques for communicating effectively in the hearing room
- how to apply the rules of evidence in hearings
Please note that attendance is by invitation only.
- The Hon. Murray Kellam AO, former Justice of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Deputy President Richard Wilson, VCAT
- Barrister Andrew Palmer KC
- Simon Wood, Seedling CTS
- Carly Schrever, Judicial Wellbeing Advisor, Judicial College of Victoria