The Guide to the Guardianship and Administration Act 2019 (Vic) is intended to help you understand the changes to the law relating to guardianship and administration, which occurred on 1 March 2020.
The Guide explains the operation of the Act and incorporates relevant principles and discussion, including coverage of:
- The principles that VCAT members and decision-makers must consider in their roles, including both general principles and decision-making principles
- The Act’s new approach to capacity that harmonises with capacity definitions in similar Victorian legislation
- Notice requirements for hearing and the new tests for granting orders
- The new supportive guardians and supportive administrators regime
- The new compensation process and offences by decision-makers