Tuesday 15th November 2022
Seminar | 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
This program provides a chance to refine your practical skills in relation to tendency and coincidence evidence.
Over the course of the session we will explore:
- The nature of tendency and coincidence reasoning, with examples;
- Assessing whether evidence has significant probative value and assessing prejudicial effect;
- When to dispense with notice requirements
- How to treat evidence from multiple complainants;
- Jury directions;
- Relevant policy contexts, including the use of tendency and coincidence in sexual offence trials.
The College will release an audio resource as a precursor to the in person event. Participants will then have an opportunity to apply knowledge through a discussion of scenarios with colleagues in a workshop format.